Monday, April 20, 2009

Let the stress fest begin

I've ordered all of my textbooks for the first semester on-line. Seemed brilliant; I saved anywhere from $100 to $150 dollars over just buying used at the U bookstore. Today, the first 3 arrived. One of them weighs about 6 pounds, all by itself. So:

I've always mentally sneered at those people who dragged their air-line luggage style backpacks around campus in the past. I have 3 classes on campus, on Thursdays and Fridays. All three classes, both days. Of the other two, one is on line, and the other is clinicals. Those three that meet twice a week comprise 6 of the total 9 textbooks I've had to purchase. I may well become one of those I've sneered at.

Also, ordering on line is cool to save money. Not so cool is watching the time til class starts tick down, and still be waiting for confirmation that the order that you placed 2 weeks ago is being processed. (According to the relevant web site, my books are "on order.") Maybe there is a reason that the books were so cheap.

Next time, I'll spend a little more and go with one of the other sites that has gotten me my books already.

1 comment:

  1. I say skip the svelte airport carrier and just get a wheelbarrow. Then, when you're really tired, you might be able to convince someone to haul you to your next class in it. Plus, no one else will have one! You might start a campus trend.

    One time Husband ordered a textbook online (among the many he ordered online). It came from China. The paper was so thin is was see-through. You could read it, it was just like scripture paper. I laughed and laughed. You have strange adventures when ordering online.

    ReplyDelete