Tuesday, October 5, 2010

I'm baack!

Some important updates. Since I have last written:

I have graduated from the University of Utah College of Nursing with a Bachelor's of Science in Nursing, Cum Laude.

I have passed my licensing exam, making me officially a Registered Nurse.

The nursing job market has tightened up considerably. I went into nursing (in part) because it was supposed to be a "guaranteed job," and the darn recession has hit nursing as well. I've applied to 15 jobs, and have received 3 "No, thank you"s and several applications appear to have been reviewed and not deemed even worthy of official notice of rejection. (Not that I am bitter, no; I don't do bitter. Just don't ask me about discouraged.)

During school, my husband informed me that we no longer share religious beliefs, and he wasn't going to church with his family any more. (I've revisited that sentence several times, and that is about the best way that I can write it.)

After school, my sweet mother-in-law, who's husband did the same to her, passed away. I wish I'd had a chance to talk to her about how she survived it for so many years.

I am more grateful than I can say for my own testimony of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. The last 7 months have been a time of spiritual reinforcement unprecidented for me. I feel the love and goodness of God as I never have before.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, man! I didn't know your MIL passed away. I'm sorry. And my condolences to your husband, as well.

    I'm glad you're still strong in the faith. I can't imagine how hard it would be, but I can only think that I would go through days of deep discouragement. I'm so glad you're feeling the Spirit even more now that you need that extra boost.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We all have different trials. Today in testimony meeting, a young man reminded us: "Trials don't happen because God has abandoned us; they happen because we need to be nudged into the path he wants us to take." I hope that my trials are making me more into the kind of person he wants me to be.

    ReplyDelete