Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Welcome to my home

I love blogs. I love reading what other people are up to. I love writing. I'd love to practice more of it. A blog seems like a low key, no pressure way to get after it.

I read one blog with great interest. The woman posted a picture of something she had done. Reaction included some negatives. She remarked later that she was amazed that people would say nasty things when it was so much easier to let it go. Why, she wondered, would someone enter your home, only to say what an ugly couch you had (metaphorically speaking). Some one else responded, "They didn't enter your home to see your couch; you hauled it out onto the front lawn for all the world to see."

That said, Hello, world; here is my couch.

3 comments:

  1. It seems to me that the dialog isn't over yet. So, yes, you've hauled your couch to the front yard. But why are these people trolling up and down residential streets just so they can swing by garage sales to sniff haughtily at the products offered? People are still going out of their way to show their disdain and superiority (as detectable only by themselves or with highly sensitive, sophisticated and, most likely, imaginary equipment.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ew. Sore point. I hate garage sales. I've had two, both by request (My mother in law had stuff she wanted to sell so the kids could have money). I won't have a third unless it is the only thing saving my children from a grim and horrible death.

    I hate offering things literally at pennies on the dollar, and then having people barter as though I were some third world merchant. Even more do I hate accepting their pitiful offer because it spares me the effort of getting the rubbish off to good will or the dump on my own. ;P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Rachel,
    I don't have much to say about garage sales, but thanks for inviting me to follow your blog! I'm looking forward to hearing about how you, Brian and the kids are doing!

    ReplyDelete