Thursday, March 26, 2009

Is this educational?

I had mandatory transfer student orientation at the U today. Here are some things that I learned:

1: It is way too hot in the Union Building at the U.

2: When the academic advisor came and began talking to the transfer nursing students about things I already knew, and in fact had already done (if it was the game of Monopoly, he was explaining "go" and I've already been around the board twice, collecting property), I excused myself. 10 minutes later, as I sat off to the side eating my sandwich, they started talking about clinicals, which is the stuff I really wanted to know.

3: (Completely off topic) I have a functionally accurate gay-dar.

4: Being accepted into the College of Nursing is apparently not the same as having declared Nursing as a major. This makes it difficult (okay, impossible) to register for the classes I need for Summer semester.

5: My inner teenager still checks out guys on campus.

6: If you lock your keys in your car at the U, they will come and help you get them out for free. The guys that do it are from Campus Security. They are a separate entity from the Parking Police.

7: It is okay to call the Parking Police the "Parking Gestapo." I have it on authority from the security guy who opened my car for me that they are that bad.

8: Sitting at a table, reading, facing a huge window and snow covered campus, is officially one of the coolest things I will do today.

Will I get credit towards graduation for these things I've learned?

No comments:

Post a Comment